Sunday, April 7, 2013

"Finding a Cheap Flight to Italy- Not Without Consequence"

Finding cheap flights to Italy used to be a simple task, but now, the websites are smarter than the average person. Cheaptickets.com, Travelocity.com, Orbitz.com, and etc. are all meant to find good deals on an airline ticket, but looks may be deceiving. A ticket pops up for $1,050.00 a person and sparks my interest. It's too good to be true, so I click on the total layover time. Thirty Five hours, my trip will be over before it begins. Also, I have to take four different planes to my destination, which is ridiculous and ends up adding close to the same cost of other flights with lesser time travel. The more I look, the more time travel there is. I'm furious and desperate beyond belief, so I start looking through the airlines themselves; Alitalia, Continental, Lufthansa, etc. There is a convenient traveling time to the destination, such as 14, 15, 16 hours, but the return is 22 hours and more. The worst of it all is that you can't mix and match destination and arrival times. After two hours off mixing and matching airports, the perfect itinerary spat across the screen; 12 hours to the destination and 13 hours in return. Hoorah! I was extremely excited and immediately booked the flight. It was the same price of all the other tickets that were "cheap," according to their websites. So, if you want to find a cheap flight to Europe, be prepared to dance with your computer screen for a few hours. They don't pop up like they used to. I'm not sure if it's an IQ test or a simple push away from traveling. Either way, it's disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment